jgoody

Book Goodies

The act of writing always creates something of value. When I'm reading, it is the various manifestations of that inherent and powerful value that I'm looking to capture and share with my fellow book lovers.

From humble days as a bookseller in Colorado, I now live in NYC and work for one of the big publishing houses. I'm always reading a huge variety of books, but you're bound to find more reviews on titles that might not be on every bookstore's shelf quite yet!

And I must also say that it is immensely important to support independent bookstores. Definitely consider shopping with your local bookshop if you don't already!

If you're looking for one then check out the great store I used to work at:

oldfirehousebooks.com

Random House and Penguin now the world's largest consumer book publisher.

Reblogged from Dawid Piaskowski:

The last details in the merger between Random House and Penguin were finalized on July 1st, creating the largest consumer book publishing company in the world.

The new name will be "Penguin Random House" though I was hoping for something like "Random Penguin" or just "Penguin House."

Here is a press release with the details on the merger and a list of the fiefdoms handed out to the various lords and princes who will rule over 10,000 employees, 15,000 titles and 250 imprints. That's a big kingdom to run.

Source: http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/press-release/ceo-markus-dohle-announces-penguin-random-house-global-leadership-team