jgoody

Book Goodies

The act of writing always creates something of value. When I'm reading, it is the various manifestations of that inherent and powerful value that I'm looking to capture and share with my fellow book lovers.

From humble days as a bookseller in Colorado, I now live in NYC and work for one of the big publishing houses. I'm always reading a huge variety of books, but you're bound to find more reviews on titles that might not be on every bookstore's shelf quite yet!

And I must also say that it is immensely important to support independent bookstores. Definitely consider shopping with your local bookshop if you don't already!

If you're looking for one then check out the great store I used to work at:

oldfirehousebooks.com

Egghead (Aldo Zelnick Comic Novels)

Egghead - Karla Oceanak, Kendra Spanjer In his latest adventure, we see young Aldo begin to face the trials that come to many fifth graders. As Aldo decides to be Einstein for Halloween, we also see him stuggle in Spanish class, argue with his best friend, and even enter a dangerous situation at great personal risk. The fifth installment in the series, we begin to really see the depth of Aldo's relationships grow. On top of this progression, we begin to see the setting and world of the Aldo series expand with new characters and places. This all allows for readers to start connecting with Aldo in a way that goes past the initial enjoyment experienced in the first four books. Readers get to connect with larger issues that many young kids will likely be facing themselves. We can all be sure to look forward to the next book in the series due later this year.