jgoody

Book Goodies

The act of writing always creates something of value. When I'm reading, it is the various manifestations of that inherent and powerful value that I'm looking to capture and share with my fellow book lovers.

From humble days as a bookseller in Colorado, I now live in NYC and work for one of the big publishing houses. I'm always reading a huge variety of books, but you're bound to find more reviews on titles that might not be on every bookstore's shelf quite yet!

And I must also say that it is immensely important to support independent bookstores. Definitely consider shopping with your local bookshop if you don't already!

If you're looking for one then check out the great store I used to work at:

oldfirehousebooks.com

Reblogged from Lydia's Page:

"Jack Dawson… Penniless artist who wins a ticket onto Titanic in 1912, attends a first class dinner, develops a taste for the finer things in life, pockets the Heart of the Ocean, survives the sinking, pawns the diamond, spends the following ten years building his wealth and in 1922 moves to West Egg as Jay Gatsby… Millionaire with a shady past and fear of swimming pools."

Source: http://elkane.tumblr.com/post/50921736693/jack-dawson-penniless-artist-who-wins-a-ticket