jgoody

Book Goodies

The act of writing always creates something of value. When I'm reading, it is the various manifestations of that inherent and powerful value that I'm looking to capture and share with my fellow book lovers.

From humble days as a bookseller in Colorado, I now live in NYC and work for one of the big publishing houses. I'm always reading a huge variety of books, but you're bound to find more reviews on titles that might not be on every bookstore's shelf quite yet!

And I must also say that it is immensely important to support independent bookstores. Definitely consider shopping with your local bookshop if you don't already!

If you're looking for one then check out the great store I used to work at:

oldfirehousebooks.com

Kafka on the Shore

Kafka on the Shore - Philip Gabriel, Haruki Murakami A fantastic read that has completely lived up to the high bar people set for it as they told me about their experiences with the book. This one and Hard-Boiled are both taking the top two spots when it comes to my favorite Murakami. In fact, both are high up on my "list" of favorite novels. In my opinion, the Noble Prize for Literature would be well aimed if it were to land in Murakami's lap after his decades of contributing unique and interesting writing to contemporary lit.